Danielle Vogel

"Incest Survivors' After Effects Checklist"
from Clasp, an hypnosis project
 


3)
(then  there  is)   (the  pink)   (my second
mouth)   (there  was  a  boy  once)       (i
remember wishing) (wishing he) (was he)
(was a)   (but he)  (but he was not)  (she)
(there  was  a  she)   (once)  (before  the)
(he)   (there  is a color)  (like purple i)  (i)
(am  not)  (supposed  to)  (to  speak)  (to
speak)       (from)       (this)         (mouth)








7)
(from  neck  to  naval  a)      (shrugging  off)
(this)                  (wasn’t)                     (my)
(body)     (to  heed)     (of  signals)      (care
take a poor)  (an anorexia)  (of image) (but)
(i’ve)         (never)          (been)          (able)









9)
(mirrors)        (their smooth)                (a
constant)       (inhalation)      (unrescued)
(dip)                     (my                 hands)
(in    sound     sink)       (my     fingertips)
(to                    the                     tongue)





11)
(my     lips)       (a    slow)       (migration)
(a)               (bloating        of             words)
(i   press   my   face  against   the   floor)
(footsteps  a  slow)  (quaking)  (to  hold
the                         bones)                         (in)







27)
(the  dark)   (the  dark  pulp  my)  (moans)
(catch)    (catch   my)    (throat    my   hips
hook)   (your)    (hook)   (flicking  tongues
clicking)   (teeth  your  legs  milky)   (ghost
my       spine)         (i     can     not     exist)
(when           the           light              goes)