Hoa Nguyen


FOR THE PISCES FULL MOON

      Old that remembers my hospitality
the old part of the part 
         (or should you be
big blue to me?)     Waste life or a love

She points like my mother in doorways
like my Canadian sky pale
like I am hung now     a 4 upon

Walk on oatmeal in the foyer    her favorite story
          without the letter u in there

You can be the bringer of cakes
You can be a bringer

She said, “It’s OK     tears are healing”
               (back to river     back to sea)







CANCER

The US is a Cancer
            4th of July       the
turtle or tortoise or sign
of the crab

            Tartarus

Daring to war with the gods

A hard-shelled             creeping
            and insignificant-looking
                        creature







CODICES TELL US

A girl is taught to spin

Then disobedience and a speech-glyph
A dark patch representing tears

“Women were not considered
very important in the warrior society
of the Aztec”







I AM THE OBJECT

I am the object acquisitive 
Well I play with they
am me Outside the outside of the
outside As anyone is

Poets repeat the word in the small prime
of 3

Yell to bring
the real of being







CROCUS, NO BUTTERCUPS

Could be called “butter cup fool”
or “Sweet Buttercup”   yellow

yellow   why would you ask
that we sing “Fill me up

Buttercup, Baby”
(just to let me down)

A kind of door open/closed
Sun could groan    “we could

try it”    Sunspot    Moonspot
It’s how to keep you kept

and remember through curtains

(skipping over spring again)